For your protection, your new phone will be shipped to you unactivated. Prior to placing your first call, you will need to complete the easy step-by-step activation instructions included with your phone. Please be sure to charge your phone battery for 24 hours before you activate the phone.
You must complete the following steps to receive proper credit:
1. Call us within 15 days after your process date to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number.
2. Fill out the top portion of the return label included in your original shipment with your name, address and RA number, and affix it to your shipment box. (Make sure to remove or black-out any previously used shipment labels.)
3. Place all items as originally packaged in the shipping box and seal the box with shipping tape. Be sure that any literature, airtime cards, batteries, and accessories are also included with your phone and make a copy of your invoice and RA number for your records. All merchandise must be returned in original, new condition.
4. Promptly ship your package - we must receive your return within 10 days of receiving your RA number or you may not be able to receive a full credit. Please refer to the back of the shipping label to arrange for a package pick-up or locate the nearest authorized location to take your box for shipment.
Reminder: If the plastic product packaging is punctured or opened, your phone will not be accepted for a return or exchange unless the equipment is deemed to be defective.
YOUR VERIZON WIRELESS PREPAY CUSTOMER AGREEMENT
We're Verizon Wireless. Please carefully read this agreement, including the prepay calling plan or plans you've chosen, before filing it in a safe place. By accepting this agreement, you're bound by its conditions. It covers important topics such as our rights to change its conditions and your wireless service, limitations of liability, privacy, and settlement of disputes by arbitration instead of in court. If you accept this agreement, it will apply to all your prepay wireless service from us, including all your existing prepay calling plans.
Your Prepay Calling Plans
YOUR PREPAY CALLING PLANS BECOME PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. Calling plans describe the prices you pay. To the extent any condition in your calling plan expressly conflicts with this agreement, the condition in your calling plan will govern. If at any time you change your service, you'll be subject to any requirements we set for that change.
Your Rights To Refuse Or Cancel This Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT STARTS WHEN YOU ACCEPT. Paragraphs marked "∞" continue after it ends. You accept when you do any of the following things after an opportunity to review this agreement:
Give us a written or electronic signature;
Tell us orally or electronically that you accept;
Initialize your account (If you activate service by using a card, then you initialize your account when you scratch the coating on the PIN on the back of the card. If you activate service without using a card, then you initialize your account when you make a call.);
Open a package that says you are accepting by opening it; or
Use your service after making any change or addition when we've told you that the change or addition requires acceptance.
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT, DON'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS. You can cancel without additional fees if you tell us (and return to us in good condition any wireless phone and/or any card you got from us with your new service) WITHIN 15 DAYS of the date of purchase with the original sales receipt. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED AFTER 15 DAYS OR IF THE CARD HAS BEEN USED, IF THE COATING HAS BEEN SCRATCHED OFF OR IF THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN INITIALIZED.
Your Rights To Change Or End Your Service; Phone Number Portability ∞You're not agreeing to maintain service with us for any minimum term. Instead, you can cancel service at any time. However, if you cancel after the expiration of the 15 day return period noted above, you will not be entitled to any refund of any amounts that you have prepaid for unused service. (If you buy your wireless phone from an agent or third-party vendor, you should check to see if they charge a separate termination fee.) You may be able to take, or "port," your current wireless phone number to another service provider. If you request your new service provider to port a number from us, and we receive your request from that new service provider, we'll treat it as notice from you to terminate our service for that number upon successful completion of porting. After the porting is completed, you won't be able to use our service for that number even if you have a balance on your account, and you won't be entitled to a refund of that balance. If you're porting a phone number to us from another company, we may not be able to provide you some services, such as 911 location services, immediately.
Our Rights To Make Changes Your service is subject to our business policies, practices, and procedures, which we can change without notice. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE CAN ALSO CHANGE PRICES AND ANY OTHER CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY PROVIDING NOTICE PRIOR TO THE TIME THE CHANGES GO INTO EFFECT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR SERVICE AFTER THAT POINT, YOU'RE ACCEPTING THE CHANGES. IF THE CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU, HOWEVER, YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT.
Your Wireless Phone Your wireless phone is any device you use to receive our wireless voice or data service. It must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations and be compatible with our network and your calling plan. Whether you buy your wireless phone from us or someone else is entirely your choice. At times we may change your wireless phone's software or programming remotely and without notice. This could affect data you've stored on, or the way you've programmed, your wireless phone. Your wireless phone may also contain software that prevents it from being used with any other company's wireless service within the first six (6) months from the date of purchase of the wireless phone, even if it's no longer used to receive our service.
Your Wireless Phone Number And Caller ID You don't have any rights in any personal identification number, email address, or identifier we assign you. (We'll tell you if we decide to change or reassign them.) The same is true of your wireless phone number, except for any right you may have to port it. Your wireless phone number and name may show up when you call someone. You can block this "Caller ID" for most calls by dialing *67 before each call, or by ordering per-line call blocking (dialing *82 to unblock) where it's available. You can't block Caller ID to some numbers, such as toll-free numbers.
How Service Works Wireless phones use radio transmissions, so we can't provide service when your wireless phone isn't in range of one of our transmission sites, or a transmission site of another company that's agreed to carry our customers' calls, or if there isn't sufficient network capacity available at that moment. There are places, particularly in remote areas, with no service at all. Weather, topography, buildings, your wireless phone, and other conditions we don't control may also cause dropped calls or other problems.
Charges and Fees We Set ∞You agree to pay all access, usage, and other charges and fees associated with the use of your wireless phone, even if you weren't the user of your wireless phone and didn't authorize its use. You may have to pay fees to begin service or reconnect suspended service. Usage charges may vary depending on where, when, and how you call. We provide or select the long distance service for calls on our network. We charge airtime for most calls, including toll-free and operator-assisted calls. Additional features and services such as operator or directory assistance, call dialing, calling card use, call forwarding, data calls, automatic call delivery, voice mail, text messaging, and wireless Internet access, may have additional charges. Features such as call waiting, call forwarding, or 3-way calling involve multiple calls and multiple charges.
Roaming And Roaming Charges You're "roaming" whenever you make or receive a call using a transmission site outside your home rate area, or using another company's transmission site. Your wireless phone may sometimes connect to and roam on another company's network even when you're within your home rate area. There may be extra charges (including charges for long distance, tolls, or calls that don't connect) and higher rates for roaming calls, depending on your calling plan.
How We Calculate Your Charges You can dispute charges for using your wireless service, but only within 90 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. Charges may vary depending on where your wireless phone is when a call starts. If a charge depends on an amount of time used, we'll round up any fraction of a minute to the next full minute. Time starts when you first press SEND or the call connects to a network on outgoing calls, and when the call connects to a network (which may be before it rings) on incoming calls. Time may end several seconds after you press END or the call otherwise disconnects. For calls made on our network, we only bill for calls that connect (which includes calls answered by machines).
Your Rights For Dropped Calls Or Interrupted Service If you get disconnected by our network from a call in your home rate area, redial. If the same number answers within 5 minutes, call us within 7 days and we'll give you a 1-minute airtime credit.
Payments, Deposits, And Checks ∞You may replenish your balance at any time before the expiration date by providing us with another payment. Your balance may not exceed $1,000 and you may be prevented from replenishing your balance when it reaches $1,000. We will suspend service when your account reaches the expiration date and any unused balance will be forfeited. We won't honor limiting notations you make on or with your checks. We may charge you up to $25 for any returned check, depending on applicable law.
If Someone Steals Your Wireless Phone If someone steals your wireless phone, notify us. If we haven't given you a courtesy suspension of service within the prior year, we'll give you one for 30 days, or until you replace or recover your wireless phone, whichever comes first. Until we grant any suspension, you're still responsible for all fees and charges. You'll need to provide us a sworn statement about the theft if we ask for one. We will not replace lost or stolen cards or PINs.
Our Rights To Limit Or End Service Or This Agreement You agree not to resell our service to someone else without our prior written permission. You also agree your wireless phone won't be used for any other purpose that isn't allowed by this agreement or that's illegal. WE CAN, WITHOUT NOTICE, LIMIT, SUSPEND, OR END YOUR SERVICE OR ANY AGREEMENT WITH YOU FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER GOOD CAUSE, including, but not limited to: (a) harassing our employees or agents; (b) lying to us; (c) interfering with our operations; (d) breaching this agreement; (e) "spamming," or other abusive messaging or calling; (f) modifying your wireless phone from its manufacturer's specifications; (g) using your service in a way that adversely affects our network or other customers; or (h) allowing anyone to tamper with your wireless phone number. We can also temporarily limit your service for any operational or governmental reason.
Directory Information We don't publish directories of our customers' phone numbers. We don't provide them to third parties for listing in directories, either.
Your Privacy ∞We have a duty under federal law to protect the confidentiality of information about the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, and amount of your use of our service. (This doesn't include your name, address, and wireless phone number.) Except as provided in this agreement, we won't intentionally share personal information about you without your permission. We may use and share information about you: (a) so we can provide our goods or services; (b) so others can provide goods or services to us, or to you on our behalf; (c) so we or our affiliates can communicate with you about goods or services related to the ones you already receive (although you can call us any time if you don't want us to do this); (d) to protect ourselves; or (e) as required by law, legal process, or exigent circumstances. It's illegal for unauthorized people to intercept your calls, but such interceptions can occur. For training or quality assurance, we may also monitor or record our calls with you.
Disclaimer Of Warranties ∞WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE CONCERNING YOUR SERVICE OR YOUR WIRELESS PHONE. WE CAN'T PROMISE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE AND DON'T AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO MAKE ANY WARRANTIES ON OUR BEHALF. THIS DOESN'T DEPRIVE YOU OF ANY WARRANTY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ANYONE ELSE.
Waivers And Limitations Of Liability ∞UNLESS THE LAW FORBIDS IT IN ANY PARTICULAR CASE, WE EACH AGREE TO LIMIT CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES OR OTHER MONETARY RELIEF
AGAINST EACH OTHER TO DIRECT DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION AND WAIVER WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, BREACH OF CONTRACT, PERSONAL INJURY, PRODUCTS LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY. THIS MEANS THAT NEITHER OF US WILL SEEK ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, TREBLE, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FROM THE OTHER. You agree we aren't liable for problems caused by you or a third party; by buildings, hills, network congestion, tunnels, weather, or other things we don't control; or by any act of God. You also agree we aren't liable for missed voice mails, or deletions of voice mails from your voice mailbox (if you have one), even if you've saved them. If another wireless carrier is involved in any problem (for example, while you roam), you also agree to any limitations of liability in its favor that it imposes.
Dispute Resolution And Mandatory Arbitration ∞WE EACH AGREE TO SETTLE DISPUTES (EXCEPT CERTAIN SMALL CLAIMS) ONLY BY ARBITRATION. THERE'S NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND REVIEW IS LIMITED, BUT AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD THE SAME DAMAGES AND RELIEF, AND MUST HONOR THE SAME LIMITATIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT,
(1) THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT APPLIES TO THIS AGREEMENT. EXCEPT FOR QUALIFYING SMALL CLAIMS COURT CASES, ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR ANY PRIOR AGREEMENT FOR WIRELESS SERVICE WITH US OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES OR PREDECESSORS IN INTEREST, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR SUCH A PRIOR AGREEMENT, OR ANY ADVERTISING FOR SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, WILL BE SETTLED BY ONE OR MORE NEUTRAL ARBITRATORS BEFORE THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION ("AAA") OR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ("BBB"). YOU CAN ALSO BRING ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE TO THE ATTENTION OF FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND THEY CAN, IF THE LAW ALLOWS, SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US ON YOUR BEHALF.
(2) FOR CLAIMS OVER $10,000, THE AAA'S WIRELESS INDUSTRY ARBITRATION ("WIA") RULES WILL APPLY. FOR CLAIMS OF $10,000 OR LESS, THE COMPLAINING PARTY CAN CHOOSE EITHER THE AAA'S SUPPLEMENTARY PROCEDURES FOR CONSUMER-RELATED DISPUTES, AN INDIVIDUAL ACTION IN SMALL
(3) YOU CAN OBTAIN PROCEDURES, RULES, AND FEE INFORMATION FROM THE AAA (WWW.ADR.ORG), THE BBB (WWW.BBB.ORG), OR FROM US. THIS AGREEMENT DOESN'T PERMIT CLASS ARBITRATIONS EVEN IF THOSE PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD. IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, WE'RE PROVIDING YOU A FREE INTERNAL MEDIATION PROGRAM. MEDIATION IS A PROCESS FOR MUTUALLY RESOLVING DISPUTES. A MEDIATOR CAN HELP PARTIES REACH AGREEMENT, BUT DOESN'T DECIDE THEIR ISSUES. IN OUR MEDIATION PROGRAM, WE'LL ASSIGN SOMEONE (WHO MAY BE FROM OUR COMPANY) NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THE DISPUTE TO MEDIATE. THAT PERSON WILL HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS AND PROTECTIONS OF A MEDIATOR. NOTHING SAID IN THE MEDIATION CAN BE USED IN A LATER ARBITRATION OR LAWSUIT. CONTACT US AT WWW.VERIZONWIRELESS.COM OR THROUGH CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FIND OUT MORE.
(4) IF YOU REQUEST MEDIATION UNDER OUR PROGRAM, PARTICIPATE IN GOOD FAITH IN AT LEAST ONE TELEPHONIC MEDIATION SESSION, AND THE MEDIATION DOESN'T RESOLVE THE DISPUTES BETWEEN US, WE'LL PAY ANY FILING FEE LATER CHARGED YOU BY THE AAA OR BBB FOR ONE ARBITRATION OF THOSE DISPUTES. IF THAT ARBITRATION PROCEEDS, WE'LL ALSO PAY ANY FURTHER ADMINISTRATIVE AND ARBITRATOR FEES LATER CHARGED FOR IT AND (IF THE ARBITRATION AWARD IS APPEALABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT) ANY APPEAL TO A NEW 3 ARBITRATOR PANEL. WE MAY MAKE YOU A WRITTEN OFFER OF SETTLEMENT ANY TIME BEFORE ARBITRATION BEGINS. IF WE DO AND YOU DON'T RECOVER IN ARBITRATION MORE THAN 75% OF THE OFFERED AMOUNT, YOU AGREE TO REPAY US THE LESSER OF ANY FEES WE ADVANCED OR WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE PAID IN FEES AND COSTS IN COURT UNDER SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES.
(5) ANY ARBITRATION AWARD MADE AFTER COMPLETION OF AN ARBITRATION IS FINAL AND BINDING AND MAY BE CONFIRMED IN ANY COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION. AN AWARD AND ANY JUDGMENT CONFIRMING IT ONLY APPLIES TO THE ARBITRATION IN WHICH IT WAS AWARDED AND CAN'T BE USED IN ANY OTHER CASE EXCEPT TO ENFORCE THE AWARD ITSELF.
(6) IF FOR SOME REASON THESE ARBITRATION REQUIREMENTS DON'T APPLY, OR A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN SMALL
About You ∞You represent that you're at least 18 years old and have the legal capacity to accept this agreement. If you're ordering for a company, you're representing that you're authorized to bind it, and where the context requires, "you" means the company.
About This Agreement ∞A waiver of any part of this agreement in one instance isn't a waiver of any other part or any other instance. You can't assign this agreement or any of your rights or duties under it. We may assign all or part of this agreement. NOTICES ARE CONSIDERED DELIVERED WHEN WE SEND THEM BY EMAIL OR FAX TO ANY EMAIL OR FAX NUMBER YOU'VE PROVIDED TO US, OR 3 DAYS AFTER MAILING TO THE MOST CURRENT ADDRESS WE HAVE ON FILE FOR YOU, IF BY US. If any part of this agreement, including any part of its arbitration provisions, is held invalid, that part may be severed from this agreement. This agreement and the documents to which it refers form the entire agreement between us on their subjects. You can't rely on any other documents or statements on those subjects by any sales or service representatives, and you have no other rights with respect to service or this agreement, except as specifically provided by law. This agreement isn't for the benefit of any third party except our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and predecessors and successors in interest. Except to the extent we've agreed otherwise in the provision on arbitration, this agreement and disputes covered by it are governed by the laws of the state encompassing the area code assigned to your wireless phone number when you accepted this agreement, without regard to the conflicts of laws rules of that state.
Last Updated 08/10/05
How much data do I need? Estimate my data usage