The Camera Phone Advantage
The smartphone cameras, and even cell phone cameras, available today rival most dedicated, point-and-shoot cameras on the market. The benefit of a camera phone is that it is always on you, ready to snap a picture or video on-the-go. Instead of carrying a separate device that can only shoot still photos, and maybe video, choosing a camera phone lightens your load and offers more advantages.
A smartphone camera is a social camera. You can share your videos and photos instantly on social networks, in text messages, on YouTube, and just about anywhere else. Smartphone apps, both free and paid, are available to make editing your photo or video on your smartphone easy and fun.
Tips For Taking Better Camera Phone Photos
- Keep It Clean: Wipe away fingerprints on the camera phone lens with a soft cloth, like your shirt.
- Step Closer: If you can step closer to your subject, do it. Don’t rely on digital zoom.
- Crop Later: Capture the moment now, and crop later if you can’t step closer to the subject.
- Experiment: Try the different filter and editing options on your phone.
- Download: There are lots of free and paid apps to make your photos and videos look amazing.
- Light Up: Not all camera phones flashes are the same. Choose one that performs well in low-light, or be prepared to turn on alternative light sources.
- Back It Up: Use a cloud storage solution, like Wirefly Mobile Backup, or a memory card to protect against losing your favorite photos and videos.