How to Reset a BlackBerry
Resetting your BlackBerry to restore factory settings (referred to as a “handset wipe”) is just a few short menu clicks away. Resetting your BlackBerry will delete all data on the device, and the process cannot be reversed — so make sure you’ve backed up any data you don’t want to lose before continuing.
- From the home screen, press the BlackBerry Menu button to enter the full menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Options.
- Scroll down to and select Security Options.
- Select General Settings.
- Press the BlackBerry Menu button. Select Wipe Handheld.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. You will be required to type a confirmation word such as ‘blackberry’ before the device will reset.
Your BlackBerry will take several minutes to complete the wipe process, and will then restart. Upon restart, you will be greeted by the first-time start-up device tutorial.
Shop Now for Phones from AT&T Wirelesss, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
- How to Reset a myTouch 3G
- How to Setup a Personal Email Account on your BlackBerry
- How to Change the Background Wallpaper on your BlackBerry
- How To Transfer Files With Bluetooth Using a BlackBerry