Top Three Places To Avoid Cell Phone Use
Whether for personal use or work reasons, mobile phones have become a staple of daily life. The problem occurs when cell phone users cross the line between convenience and bad manners.
Here is our list of the top three places to avoid using your cell phone:
- Avoid cell phone use while driving a car. According to the Insurance Information Institute, the number of accidents due to the distraction of driving while talking or placing a call on a cell phone is increasing. In fact, several states have legislation banning hand held cell phone use while driving. If you must use your cell phone, a hands free device is your best bet — and often your only lawful option.
- Avoid using your cell phone during a church service. In case you think people would never allow their mobile phones to ring during a religious gathering, some churches like the Sacred Heart Church in Monterrey, Mexico have been forced to install cell phone jamming devices innocuously behind their statues and paintings.
- Don’t use your cell phone at the movie theater. Even if you’re not guilty of this one, you’ve probably had the experience of enduring someone’s phone conversation right when the Hero is about to propose to the Heroine. The problem is so bad, the National Association of Theater Owners has petitioned the FCC to block mobile phone use within theaters.
Tip: Avoid cell phone use while driving a car. According to the Insurance Information Institute, accidents due to the distraction of driving while talking or placing a call on a cell phone is on the rise.
Shop Now for Phones from AT&T Wirelesss, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
- Cell Phone Safety on the Road
- NSC Launches ‘Death by Cell Phone’ Billboard Campaign
- Common Courtesy During Cell Phone Conversations
- Cell Phone Etiquette For Kids