Just purchased a new Android phone? Good luck having a battery that will last all day! From playing Angry Birds, surfing the web, reading your RSS feeds, and tweeting your every move your battery might only last a few hours.
Below are step-by-step instructions we put together to help you conserve your battery life.
1. Once you receive your new Android device (that you bought from Wirefly) the first place to visit is your 'Settings' in the Main Menu.
2. Under the 'Display' option change your 'Animation' to some or none.
3. Reduce your screen brightness to a low level, just bright enough to see.
4. Change your screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds, this will help reduce your battery’s impact while you are not using your phone.
5. If you don’t need it (which unless you want to be really fancy, you really don’t) disable moving wallpapers as this feature severely drains the battery.
6. If you aren’t using Bluetooth or GPS turn those off as well.
7. Also be cautious with applications that like to automatically refresh. Change these settings to your comfort level. For example, if you don't check your Twitter stream every 30 seconds than there is no need for your Twitter application to refresh itself every 30 seconds.
There are many advocates of the task killer application, however those applications seem to drain the battery more as it is always working in the background. Aside from the tips above, we’d also recommend a car charger or a second home charger from Wirefly that you can use while you’re at work. If you are anything like the folks here at Wirefly, love to text, tweet, surf the web and watch videos (Wirefly only, of course) on Youtube, then there is no way around charging your phone at some point during the day.
Lastly, check to see if you are killing your Android battery with the Top 5 Battery Killers. Good luck and feel free to add your battery saving tips below!
Wirefly Is America's Most Trusted Source For All Cell Phones
Wirefly offers great deals on a large selection of smartphones, cell phones, tablets, mobile hotspots, and other wireless devices for the nation's most popular carriers. Use Wirefly’s innovative cell phone and plan comparison tools to ensure you are getting the best deal on the market. Shop with confidence knowing that Wirefly wants to help you find the best prices on cell phones and cell phone plans.