Effective Feb. 21, 2011, updates to Android 2.2 will be available for the Samsung Epic 4G and the Sanyo Zio. This update will be made Over-the-Air (OTA), and both updates will be pushed over a period of days, so customers will receive them based on their status on the Google servers. Here are the details:
• Update will be pushed over a 4-day period
• After the update completes, verify the new software version (Menu > Settings > About Phone)
• The Baseband Version should read "S:D700.0.5S.EB13"
• The Build Number should read "FROYO.EB13"
• Enhancements/fixes: upgrade to Froyo 2.2, improved bluetooth device support, bluetooth voice dialing, Flash Player 10.1, GPS enhancements, improved OS performance, ability to install applications to external storage.
• Updates will be pushed over a 5-day period
• Customers are required to download (accept) three portions of the update to receive Froyo 2.2
• Customers should use WiFi if possible to complete the update
• After the updates complete, verify the new software version (Menu > Settings > About Phone)
• The Baseband Version should read "S.M910.04.5.DF05"
• The Build Number should read "Samsung ÉCLAIR.DF05"
• Enhancements/fixes: upgrade to Froyo 2.2, addition of Swype, Sprint Zone 2.5.5, Sprint ID activation improvements, better battery life
Detailed installation instructions, including screen shots and lists of enhancements/fixes are available at ISC > Quick Links > Software Updates. Note: All software updates are subject to change.
Wirefly Is America's Most Trusted Source For All Cell Phones, Plans, TV, and Internet Deals
Wirefly offers great deals on a large selection of smartphones, cell phones, tablets, mobile hotspots, and other wireless devices for the nation's most popular carriers. Use Wirefly’s innovative cell phone and plan comparison tools to ensure you are getting the best deal on the market. Shop with confidence knowing that Wirefly wants to help you find the best prices on cell phones, cell phone plans, TV, and Internet service.