Effective Feb. 21, 2011, updates to Android 2.2 will be available for the Samsung Epic 4G and the Sanyo Zio. This update will be made Over-the-Air (OTA), and both updates will be pushed over a period of days, so customers will receive them based on their status on the Google servers. Here are the details:
• Update will be pushed over a 4-day period
• After the update completes, verify the new software version (Menu > Settings > About Phone)
• The Baseband Version should read “S:D700.0.5S.EB13″
• The Build Number should read “FROYO.EB13″
• Enhancements/fixes: upgrade to Froyo 2.2, improved bluetooth device support, bluetooth voice dialing, Flash Player 10.1, GPS enhancements, improved OS performance, ability to install applications to external storage.
• Updates will be pushed over a 5-day period
• Customers are required to download (accept) three portions of the update to receive Froyo 2.2
• Customers should use WiFi if possible to complete the update
• After the updates complete, verify the new software version (Menu > Settings > About Phone)
• The Baseband Version should read “S.M910.04.5.DF05″
• The Build Number should read “Samsung ÉCLAIR.DF05″
• Enhancements/fixes: upgrade to Froyo 2.2, addition of Swype, Sprint Zone 2.5.5, Sprint ID activation improvements, better battery life
Detailed installation instructions, including screen shots and lists of enhancements/fixes are available at ISC > Quick Links > Software Updates. Note: All software updates are subject to change.