How to Sync Music with the Motorola Droid and iTunes
By Ari Driessen
Like every other Android-powered phone on the planet, the Droid can have its hunger for your music, video, and pictures satisfied by the ol’ drag-and-drop method of transferring files. But, if you picked up a Motorola Droid and your 16GB microSD card is still yearning for your iTunes media library, Motorola has kindly decided to give your index finger a rest with its Motorola Media Link software.
Motorola Media Sync will let you transfer and organize your music, photos and video with your Motorola Android-powered phone. Here’s how:
- Browse to Motorola’s Media Link website.
- Click the Download Now button.
- Locate and run the downloaded installation file.
- After installation has completed, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Restart.
- Plug in your Droid using the USB to microUSB cable.
- Mount your Droid so you can copy files. To do so, pull down the notification window (aka ‘window shade’) from the top of the screen and tap USB connected. When prompted, tap Mount.
- Launch Motorola Media Link.
- The Profile Wizard should automatically launch. Follow the on-screen directions, selecting the folders where your various media types are stored. Be sure to select iTunes on the Link Your Music screen.
- Click the Sync button.
Shop Now for Phones from AT&T Wirelesss, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.