How to Transfer Files and Music to an Android Phone Using USB
So you’ve plugged your USB to microUSB cable into your computer and Android phone and are ready to start downloading files. Staring intently at your screen, you wait for a drive, a window — something, anything — where you can drag-and-drop your files, but it just doesn’t come. Well, chances are, you are missing one simple yet critical but step. Here’s how to transfer files to your Android phone:
- Connect your Android phone to your computer using the microUSB to USB cable.
- If you are using a PC, you will see an installation bubble pop up in the bottom right of your screen. Wait for the computer to successfully complete installation.
- The critical step: On your Android phone, pull down the notification window (aka ‘window shade’) and tap USB connected.
- A notification window will appear. Tap Mount. Your phone will enter USB storage mode.
- Find the removable storage drive. On a PC, navigate to My Computer and look for a new removable storage drive. On a Mac, the drive will appear on your desktop.
- Drag-and-drop the desired file(s) to the drive.
- In your phone’s notification window, tap Turn off USB storage.
- Unplug your phone and you’re all set.
Shop Now for Phones from AT&T Wirelesss, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.