How to Turn Off the ‘Click’ Sound on your BlackBerry Camera
Are you easily annoyed by the shutter sound on your BlackBerry or constantly frustrated that your attempts to take stealthy pictures are constantly foiled by that click sound? Well, by design, you cannot turn off the shutter sound by just changing an option or setting. There are, however, a few known tricks to disable or inhibit the click sound.
- There’s the obvious, of course. Cover up the speaker on your BlackBerry with a finger, and the sound will be significantly muffled.
- There are a number of third-party applications available that will disable the shutter sound. Two such applications that may be compatible with your device are BerryAnnoying and Peek-A-Boo.
- Plug in a pair of headphones. Start playing a track in the media player. Snap your picture. If you’re into the extreme, you can even cut a pair of headphones, leaving only the 3.5mm plug.
- On some devices, you can disable the click sound while making a phone call. Call your voicemail or another number, turn the volume all the way down, press the shortcut key on the right (make sure it’s assigned to the camera application, select ‘Yes’ when asked “Continue call and exit camera?”, and take your picture.
Shop Now for Phones from AT&T Wirelesss, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
- How To Turn Your Android Smartphone Into A Mobile Hotspot
- Blackberry 8350 (non-camera) Manual
- How to transfer pictures to and from a BlackBerry on Mac or PC
- Wirefly Releases Its Top 10 Video Camera Phones of Summer 2009